Friday, December 3, 2010

A little bit of silver

I can't help but to fall in love, even when it is negative 15 outside. The landscape in Sweden is a dream for an artist. All the shades of silver and gray, with tints of green and brown, I love it. Without a camera in hand, I try to take a picture in my mind. I am learning so much about natural shades of colors, and how to bring them into the home. And right now, with the frost and ice glistening on everything on the outside, makes me want to bring silver on the inside.

So, when I saw this gorgeous silver wreath to make from Martha Stewart.....I thought, this is perfect, a home-made bell wreath in silver and gray. I want to hang it on the downstairs doors.

I hope you like it as, I do. The directions, on how to make it are attached below. Enjoy!

The wonderfully familiar sounds of the holidays often get shut out while we're keeping warm indoors. Hang this wreath where it will be heard (on a door, for instance), and bring the ring of sleigh bells to all the rooms in the house. Form 16-gauge wire into a circle. Make a closed loop at one end with needle-nose pliers. Thread jingle bells onto the open end in any size and color combination. When the wire is full, join its ends by twisting the unlooped end into a hook, and fasten it onto the closed loop. Tie a piece of ribbon into a bow; secure it to the bottom of the wreath with 24-gauge wire.

Read more at Marthastewart.com: Jingle Bell Wreaths - Martha Stewart Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment